Sunday, October 24, 2010

They are Survivors........

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month... I have 2 Aunts on my dads side of the family that are Breast Cancer Survivors.. They are the first out of my family to have breast cancer. Its something that hasn't hit home until recently, I have never met my real dad and the relationship with his side of the family has gone down hill in the last 6 years. I have met all my aunts, cousins and grandparents. This past year I got in touch with my aunts again. I was saddened to hear that CANCER had hit my family. I am thankful that I can say they are survivors. Now its something that I will focus more on.. I will research more, I will walk for breast cancer more, I will make sure I know everything there is to know.. I am proud to say that I have 2 awesome aunts, Phyllis and Alena that have survived breast cancer! My post today is dedicated to yall..

My Aunt Alena...
My Aunt Phyllis
( she is my dads twin sis)

No comments: